Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Back!

I realize our blog is going stale!  The last few weeks have been mad so much so that blogging, important as it is, hasn't exactly become a priority.

It's been weeks of packing, moving, battling jet-lag, getting sick, basically just living our crazy and hectic lives!  We're now in Malaysia, enjoying a few stormless days finally.  Minori is back in the same Malaysian kindergarten she went to last year for 2 weeks.  She's been bugging me about sending her to kindergarten since the moment we touched down KLIA.  Who would imagine that this is the same girl who would cry her lungs out and then sob in her sleep at nursery a couple of years ago?!  English is the medium of communication but she picks up some Bahasa Malaysia and Mandarin too.  The kind teachers are full of praise and encouragement for her.  She's so blessed to have this Malaysia kindergarten experience.

I bring Marisa to a playgroup once a week.  Although she didn't complain the first time around... this is my angel second daughter, remember?... she obviously was more comfortable at the second session.  I'm looking forward to our playgroup again tomorrow!

It's so nice to be able to live in familiarity after months (even years!) of being the blur one.  I can't say it's complete familiarity... year after year, PJ/KL becomes less familiar to me.  But meeting with good old friends and their children, and just being in a sea of familiar faces bring about a kind of comfort that can't be experienced anywhere else in the world, no matter how exotic the location.  The novelty wears off.

 Passing down our friendship!
Picture of M&M with K&K (Kayden & Katelyn), adorable children of my friends Adeline and Li Hsing.

2 comments:

kojisato said...

Hi! Here "kojisato" means "Satoko" in Rostock. I´m very happy hear of you. Yesterday I came back from Edinburgh too. It was so good. But so cold for me. Now in Rostock Sommer is slowly comming. Almost it is best time here. I hope you remember sometime about good time in Rostock too.

Anonymous said...

I very much agree that the comfort in Malaysia can't be experienced anywhere else in the world! Looking forward to seeing you back in Japan!