Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nihon ryouri

I love our meal times here in Malaysia!  That's when I get to think through the many options we have and come up with something that, at that moment, the stomach feels is superior above the rest.  Nasi lemak!  Penang laksa!  Char kuay teow!

But there was this one day when tummy shouted "Japanese!"  Sure, it's a just a couple of weeks more before we can get our hands on seriously authentic Japanese food, but it's quite hard to resist when the kids also join in with your tummy to chant, "udon! udon! udon!"

So we gave in and settled for a pretty decent Japanese lunch here.  The best part: it satisfied our year-long craving and yet didn't change our desire for some seriously authentic Japanese food when we return to Japan!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I hope I see you tomorrow because Victoria won't be going to school on Thursday, which happens to be the bday party for Minori I understand. We will be outstation.

If I don't see you tomorrow, I hope we can still keep in touch through our blogs. Your little girls are such angels, and it's wonderful to see them grow. Have a safe trip back, and a happy stay in Japan.

Uncle Steve said...

You do know with Minori holding the chopstick so low, means no $$$ in the future!!! :P